Things I’ve learned since moving to Florida…
1. Just because the speed limit is 55MPH you have the right to drive 10MPH under the speed limit. Even on sunny clear days.
2. Health care in Florida is much better than up North. Doctor’s appointments are on time or real close to on time. I think that’s because there are more Doctors in Florida than anywhere else. Seniors won’t put up with the late Doctor crap as people do up North. When Doctors do run late the staff tells you and asks if you want to reschedule.
3. There aren’t any, or very few, bakeries in my area. You have to go to Publix or Winn-Dixie for bakery.
4. When the local Church has a craft fair the bakery sells out fast. (see number 3)
5. Hot wings may be considered the state food. They are served everywhere. A lot of places have an all you can eat wing night. YUM!!!!
6. Don’t feed the alligators. They do bite the hand that feeds them. Not only the hand but the arm, leg, head, body, etc.
7. Life is a lot slower than up North. Things don’t have to be done last week or yesterday, but maybe tomorrow.
8. St. Augustine is the most haunted city in Florida.
9. Unless we are under a hurricane warning the rain lasts for only 5 minutes at time. It may rain several times a day but for 5 minutes. Yes, that is strange but manageable.
10. I enjoy retired life.